Get finance to achieve your business growth ambitions in Sandwell
Our expert Business Growth Team will help you find and access funding to enable your Sandwell business to invest in growth opportunities. Find the right kind of finance to help you scale your business and grow sustainably.
SME Grants to help you ‘Grow in Sandwell’
Sandwell Council (with funding from the UK Shared Prosperity Fund) is taking applications from eligible businesses for grants of up to £20k. These grants are for SMEs* that have been trading for more than two years** and are paying (or are planning to pay) business rates in Sandwell.
The SME Grants are to fund activities such as:
- Relocation, expansion and growth
- Developing new market opportunities
- Promotional activities
- Innovation – including prototyping, testing and commercialisation (but excluding research and development) of new products
- Low carbon/energy efficiency/waste management
- Improving systems and processes
- Capital investment – such as new plant, machinery and equipment
- Increasing productive capacity of new and existing premises through new property builds/refurbishment/extensions on a commercial property.
You can find out more by downloading the grant policy:
* We’re defining SMEs (small to medium enterprises) here as businesses employing fewer than 250 people and/or which have an annual turnover not exceeding £36m, and/or an annual balance sheet total not exceeding £18m.
** If your business has been trading for less than two years, please refer to our ‘Finance for start-ups’ page for details of a grant that might apply to you.
Visit our Open4Business funding portal
Open4Business offers funding news and information for your growing business, including a searchable database of current EU, government and council grants, loans, venture capital funds and tax credit programmes.
While it is tailored for Sandwell Business Growth, to support our borough’s businesses, please note that it is powered by Idox, a leading provider of software design for government. We are not in charge of the content.
Still need support? Sandwell Council’s Business Growth Team will know if there is further funding currently available to new businesses. Here’s how to get in touch.