Come and network at our free business breakfast event on...Find out more
We’re holding a series of international trade workshops for Sandwell businesses. Join us at the first one on Friday 22 September!
We (the Sandwell Business Growth Team) are holding a series of international trade workshops just for you. Over the coming year, we’ll cover:
- Importing and exporting – a beginner’s guide
- Ways to improve your import, export and customs procedures
- Cutting costs and improving productivity through customs
- Ambition to export: mapping and accessing new markets
- Reviewing Brexit: customs compliance and audit for UK importers.
Our first workshop takes place on Friday 22 September at Jack Judge House in Oldbury (soon to be our Sandwell Start-Up Hub!). It’s called ‘The beginner’s guide to importing and exporting worldwide’.
We (the Sandwell Business Growth team) are hosting it and Sam Ballard-Robinson of Falsum Consulting Ltd will deliver the session. It’s a whole-day event, from 9.30am to 4.30pm.
The workshop will introduce you to the world of exporting and importing, focusing on the terms and practices used. Sam will provide an overview of some of the most common international trading areas, such as tariff classification, customs valuation, Incoterms®, and export and import customs requirements.
The session will be ideal for trainees, new starters or individuals returning to the industry.