Sandwell Digital Donation is a project which lets your business donate redundant digital equipment safely to families in Sandwell.
Help the environment by recycling unwanted tech, while supporting people who might otherwise be digitally excluded.
About Sandwell Digital Donation
Sandwell Digital Donation provides reconditioned digital devices (PCs, laptops, tablets) to Sandwell families in need. It is a partnership project between Sandwell Council, Black Country Housing Group and West Bromwich social enterprise Repc Ltd.
If your organisation has any digital device it no longer needs, there may be a family who would greatly value it.
The Sandwell Digital Donation team can collect devices from your premises. They will ensure all data is deleted safely and confidentially (in a GDPR-compliant way), undertake any minor repairs needed, and redistribute the equipment to families in need across Sandwell.
What to donate
* Any working device (PC, laptop or tablet).
What to do before donating
* Make sure you save any data you require on a back-up device
* Make sure you have complied with your organisation’s data protection policy on erasing sensitive data.
How to donate
* Ensure the device is fully turned off (and not in sleep mode)
* For Covid safety, clean the outside of the device with alcohol gel
* Contact email@example.com.
Sandwell Digital Donation will:
* Issue verification certificates of data wiping
* Record that you donated the device
* Run a PAT (portable appliance test) for electrical safety
* Distribute it to a Sandwell family in need.
Please be aware that Sandwell Digital Donation:
* Will not use your details for any purpose other than proving the device was received in good faith
* Cannot return digital devices to you – they are being donated
* Will not resell, lease or otherwise profit from your donated equipment
You can get your donation started today by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling Black Country Housing Group on 07790 939564.